There are a few different modes to choose from including a hi-res 48MP mode, Night Mode, and even Pro Mode. So you’ll be able to turn that “serviceable” picture into something that looks really great. Xiaomi also includes AI enhancement, as it can determine the scene and adjust the settings on the fly. Obviously this isn’t earth-shattering or anything, but it’s a big vibrant display that is super-responsive and just looks fantastic. From watching YouTube or some stock firmware shows on HBO Max, to firing up some Xbox Game Pass or Genshin Impact, everything looks crisp and clean.
Read more about the Black Shark 4 and 4 Pro in our separate news story. It’s also worth checking out our best gaming phones roundup to see what the new phones will be up against. The Black Shark 4 has triple rear AI cameras, a 48MP f/1.8 primary camera paired with a 120-degree ultra-wide-angle shooter of 8MP, and a dedicated 5MP depth of field sensor. As the resident expert on Windows, Senior Staff Writer Anyron’s main focus is PCs and laptops.
Choosing the 870 also allows Xiaomi to make the regular Black Shark 4 more affordable, as Chinese pricing suggests. The Black Shark 4 has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 870 Octa-core processor and 8GB/12GB of RAM delivers outstanding overall performance for opening and running applications, flipping through menus, running home screens, and more. The Black Shark 4 has a 6.67-inch E4 AMOLED display with a 144Hz refresh rate and a 720Hz touch sampling rate. The Xiaomi Black Shark 4 is equipped with the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 870 with 8GB/12GB of RAM, and best-in-class thermal design.
- For comparison, the new iPhone SE weighs in at $429 and, if you wanted the cream of the crop with Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 internals, the RedMagic 7 will set you back $50 extra at $629.
- But where the Black Shark takes the cake isn’t the faster refresh rate.
- There’s nothing too dramatic – or innovative – when it comes to the appearance of the Black Shark 4 Pro.
- As far as benchmarks go, we’ve seen the Snapdragon 888 deliver impressive results, but the 4 Pro takes its performance to another level.
- Asus ROG Phone 5.
- The 120W fast charging that the Xiaomi Black Shark 4 Pro comes with is just about the best on the market at the moment, and it’ll fully charge up your phone in as little as 15 minutes.
The phone comes with three microphones, two stereo speakers, and a 3.5mm headphone jack which we should definitely applaud as we were expecting Xiaomi to drop it as it is with all flagship phones. We have a fingerprint sensor installed on the power button and not under the screen even though it is an AMOLED model. We have physical buttons on both sides of the phone in order to contribute to a better gaming experience which gives a nice click feel when used.